GHANA BLACK MAIDENS QUALIFY FOR WORLD CUP AFTER 19-0 AGGREGATE WIN
The Black Maidens of Ghana have qualified for this year’s FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup after an emphatic 19-0 aggregate win over Djibouti.
The Maidens beat Djibouti 10-0 in the return leg on Sunday at the Cape Coast stadium to complete the rout.
Jacqueline Owusu opened the scoring inside 6 minutes and doubled their tally 4 minutes later through Fuseina Mumuni.
Captain Mukarama Abdulai made it 3-0 on 13 minutes and she was on hand once again in the 22nd minute to make it 4-0.
The Maidens continued their dominant display in the second half with Abdulai completing her hat trick four minutes after restart.
Single goals from Fuseina Mumuni, Victoria Teye, Barikisu Rahman and Azumah Bugre completed the demolition exercise.
Ghana are joined by South Africa and Cameroon as Africa’s representatives at the World Cup with Nigeria missing out for the first time since the competition’s inception in 2008.
SOURCE. PULSE GH SPORTS
- Previous EBONY TO BE BURIED ON MARCH 17
- Next PREGNANT WOMAN, 5 OTHERS DROWN AFTER CANOE CAPSIZES ON VOLTA LAKE
You may also like...
- AFRICAN IMMIGRANTS ARE MORE EDUCATED THAN MOST-INCLUDING PEOPLE BORN IN US
- I DON’T HAVE A SOFT SPOT FOR NPP-YVONNE NELSON
- OPUNI WILL BE EXONERATED-ASHANTI NDC ACCUSES GOV’T OF WITCH-HUNTING
- QUESTION FINANCE MINISTRY FOR 1800 MASLOC CARS NOT ME-ADWOA SAFO
- NANA ADDO FULL SPEECH DURING THE 61ST INDEPENDENCE CELEBRATION