I DON’T HAVE A SOFT SPOT FOR NPP-YVONNE NELSON
Actress and movie producer, Yvonne Nelson has denied claims that she is a sympathiser of the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP).
There were reports after the actress staged a demonstration – #dumsormuststop – against the erratic power crisis in Ghana during the Mahama regime, that she was a sympathiser of the NPP.
Her critics said the move was to paint the National Democratic Congress (NDC) black.
Yvonne Nelson led a demonstration dubbed #dumsormuststop
But in an interview on Accra-based Okay FM, the actress denied being a sympathiser of the party.
She indicated that her actions were as a result of the love she has for her country as a patriotic citizen and not because of her political affiliation.
The mother of one indicated that she loves every political party in the country and does not have allegiance to anyone.
“I have love for everybody. I am a patriotic Ghanaian and I love my country. I love both the NPP and the NDC. John Dumelo is an NDC member but he’s my brother. I’m a Ghanaian, I’m for Ghana,” she said.
- Previous OPUNI WILL BE EXONERATED-ASHANTI NDC ACCUSES GOV’T OF WITCH-HUNTING
- Next AFRICAN IMMIGRANTS ARE MORE EDUCATED THAN MOST-INCLUDING PEOPLE BORN IN US
You may also like...
- NANA ADDO’S ECONOMIC MANAGEMENT THE WORST IN 40 YEARS-KWAKYE OFOSU
- COUP LEADERS FREEZE ALL GOVERNMENT ACCOUNTS IN GUINEA
- 1D1F: NANA ADDO COMMISSIONS GHC10M CASSAVA & YAM FACTORY IN KRACHI EAST DISTRICT
- ECOWAS PUSHES LAUNCH OF SINGLE CURRENCY ‘ECO’ TO 2027
- 2021 GLOBAL PEACE INDEX: GHANA RANKS 2ND MOST PEACEFUL COUNTRY IN AFRICA