NYANTAKYI RESIGNS FROM FIFA, CAF & WAFU POSSITIONS
Embattled Mr Kwesi Nyantakyi has followed up his resignation as Ghana Football Association president by relinquishing all other top positions he holds in football.
The 48-year-old has quit his roles as a member of the FIFA Council, member of the FIFA Associations Committee, First Vice President of CAF and President of Zone B of the West African Football Union (WAFU).
His decision comes on the back of the 90 days provisional ban handed to him by the world football governing body, Fifa.
A documentary by the celebrated journalist Anas Aremeyaw Anas exposed Mr Nyantakyi to be unfit to steer the affairs of a sport which is the number one of the nation.
Mr Nyantakyi was filmed apparently accepting a “cash gift”, which is against Fifa’s code of ethics.
He took $65,000 (£48,000) from an undercover Tiger Eye Pi reporter pretending to be a businessman.
Anas petitioned Fifa to ban Nyantakyi from all football-related activities for life but with investigations ongoing, Nyantakyi has decided to resign.
CAF has said they will host an extraordinary congress to replace Mr Nyantakyi on the Fifa council on September 30.
Meanwhile, all football activities in Ghana have been put on hold as the government takes steps to dissolve the association.
- Previous BILL TO CRIMINALISE HOMOSEXUALITY COMING SOON-FOH AMOANING
- Next RAWLINGS REGISTERED FOR GHANA CARD DESPITE NDC BOYCOTT
You may also like...
- CORONA VIRUS: PANGOLINS FOUND TO CARRY VIRUSES RELATED TO COVID-19
- GHANA RECORDS 2 SUSPECTED CORONAVIRUS CASES
- WE WILL RESIST ‘HOODLUM’ SECURITY IN FUTURE ELECTION-MAHAMA
- CANADA TO HIT WITH LIFE-THREATENING -70°C WIND CHILLS IN THIS FEBRUARY
- POLICE CID LAUNCHES INVESTIGATION INTO MURDER OF JOURNALIST