Ghana starts voting today.
Thousands of Ghanaian voters have started queuing at designated polling centres across the country to cast their vote in a special voting exercise ahead of next week’s general elections on December 7. Taking part in the exercise are personnel from the various security services who will be deployed on election day to provide security at all the polling stations, media personnel and election officials of the Electoral Commission who will be on duty on election day. Counting and results from the special voting exercise will be put on hold until close of polls on December 7 in line with the C.I. 94 which governs the elections.
You may also like...
- WE WILL RESIST ‘HOODLUM’ SECURITY IN FUTURE ELECTION-MAHAMA
- CANADA TO HIT WITH LIFE-THREATENING -70°C WIND CHILLS IN THIS FEBRUARY
- POLICE CID LAUNCHES INVESTIGATION INTO MURDER OF JOURNALIST
- IVORY COAST EX-PRESIDENT LAURENT GBAGBO ACQUITTED AT ICC COURT AT THE HAGUE
- DOUBLE TRACK WON’T DESTROY GHANA EDUCATION SYSTEM-NANA ADDO