GOVERNMENT TO ANNOUNCE THE IMPLEMENTATION OF FREE SHS PLAN TODAY
Government will today Thursday, July 27, announce the implementation plan for its flagship policy- Free SHS.
The absence of a clear road map on the rollout of the policy has generated various discussions especially on the qualification criteria for beneficiaries.
President Akufo-Addo at his recent media encounter hinted that well-endowed schools would be required to reserve a percentage of admissions for students from less privileged basic schools.
“The Policy that is being devised by the ministry of education is that the so–called relieved schools in Ghana are going to be required to reserve a 30 percent ERNMENT of places in them to those schools that come from more disadvantaged backgrounds and locations.
“And it forms a very important part of the reason for the advocacy that we have given to this idea over the last few years,” the President said.
The policy was the major campaign message of the NPP in the 2016 elections that saw Akufo-Addo beating incumbent John Mahama of the NDC.
- Previous GOVERNMENT TO ANNOUNCE IMPLEMENTATION OF FREE SHS PLAN TODAY
- Next 63 BUSINESS READY FOR 1 DISTRICT, 1 FACTORY IMPLEMENTATION
You may also like...
- WE WILL RESIST ‘HOODLUM’ SECURITY IN FUTURE ELECTION-MAHAMA
- CANADA TO HIT WITH LIFE-THREATENING -70°C WIND CHILLS IN THIS FEBRUARY
- POLICE CID LAUNCHES INVESTIGATION INTO MURDER OF JOURNALIST
- IVORY COAST EX-PRESIDENT LAURENT GBAGBO ACQUITTED AT ICC COURT AT THE HAGUE
- DOUBLE TRACK WON’T DESTROY GHANA EDUCATION SYSTEM-NANA ADDO