LOST POLICE FOUND DEAD
The 22-year-old police officer was discovered dead on Tuesday afternoon after a six-day search, not far from the train station where she was last seen. The search for Maxime L. has come to an end after the Lübeck Institute for Forensic Medicine identified the corpse as that of the young police officer on Wednesday, Bild reports.
The cause of death was a shot to the head from her service weapon, a spokesperson for the Lübeck prosecutor’s office confirmed to Bild.
Investigators are treating the case as a suspected suicide. “As of yet there is nothing to argue against suicide. We have no indications of any other party’s involvement,” the spokesperson said.
Maxime L. did not turn up for work last Wednesday and was reported missing on Thursday. She was last spotted on CCTV on a regional train at Aumühle train station on the same day. Hundreds of police officers scoured the Sachsenwald woods near the train station over the weekend using a helicopter and sniffer dogs.
On Tuesday a woman’s corpse was discovered with a service weapon lying by its side. It was identified the following day as Maxime L.
The prosecutor’s office also said that there were no signs of any depressive illness. A friend of Maxime since childhood told Bild that she was “a fun-loving person. Sometimes a little volatile, but when she had problems, she confided in friends.” Source: topAfric radio
- Previous NPP, NDC TO HOLD FINAL RALLIES ON SUNDAY & MONDAY
- Next FIFA ANNOUNCE 3 WORLD PLAYER OF THE YEAR FINALISTS
You may also like...
- WE WILL RESIST ‘HOODLUM’ SECURITY IN FUTURE ELECTION-MAHAMA
- CANADA TO HIT WITH LIFE-THREATENING -70°C WIND CHILLS IN THIS FEBRUARY
- POLICE CID LAUNCHES INVESTIGATION INTO MURDER OF JOURNALIST
- IVORY COAST EX-PRESIDENT LAURENT GBAGBO ACQUITTED AT ICC COURT AT THE HAGUE
- DOUBLE TRACK WON’T DESTROY GHANA EDUCATION SYSTEM-NANA ADDO