NATIONWIDE BLACKOUT HITS GHANA
Ghana witnessed a nationwide blackout on Wednesday night.
Giving further explanations on the occurrence, Chief Executive Officer of GRIDCO, William Amuna said: “there was a surge of power around 9:40pm last night; we lost many generators across the country.As a consequence, we lost supply to most parts of the country.”
“It was around 9.40 pm and we started the restoration programme till about 1 am when we were above 1,000 megawatts and there was a swing in the power system again and we lost some generation again and currently we are in the process of restoring,” he added.
Mr. Amuna however indicated that “almost 50% of the power across the country has been restored” adding that GRIDCo is still working to restore power to the nation.
The lights went off around 9 pm.
The last time a nationwide blackout hit Ghana was in January 2016 as a result of system failure.
- Previous JOE METLE HOPEFUL OF WINNING VGMA ARTISTE OF THE YEAR
- Next STUDY OF FRENCH LANGUAGE TO BE COMPULSORY IN SHS-NANA ADDO
You may also like...
- WE WILL RESIST ‘HOODLUM’ SECURITY IN FUTURE ELECTION-MAHAMA
- CANADA TO HIT WITH LIFE-THREATENING -70°C WIND CHILLS IN THIS FEBRUARY
- POLICE CID LAUNCHES INVESTIGATION INTO MURDER OF JOURNALIST
- IVORY COAST EX-PRESIDENT LAURENT GBAGBO ACQUITTED AT ICC COURT AT THE HAGUE
- DOUBLE TRACK WON’T DESTROY GHANA EDUCATION SYSTEM-NANA ADDO