NCA SHUTS DOWN MONTIE FM
Montie FM, a radio station sympathetic to the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) has been shut down by the National Communications Authority over unpaid license fee.
The station, according to StarrFMonline.com sources, went off the air around 3pm Wednesday evening after it persistently failed to heed to caution by the regulator to pay up its debt.
The source further added that a sister station of Montie, Radio Gold, is also hugely indebted to the NCA and has been ordered to pay up or be shut down in a month’s time. Both stations are owned by Network Broadcasting Company.
Montie FM became popular in the build up to the 2016 elections when some panelists who had appeared on a political show were jailed by the Supreme Court for threatening judges with death.
SOURCE: STAR FM
- Previous GHANA RECORDS STRONG GROWTH IN 2ND QUARTER 2017
- Next GREATER ACCRA TOPS REVENUE GENERATION IN GHANA
You may also like...
- WE WILL RESIST ‘HOODLUM’ SECURITY IN FUTURE ELECTION-MAHAMA
- CANADA TO HIT WITH LIFE-THREATENING -70°C WIND CHILLS IN THIS FEBRUARY
- POLICE CID LAUNCHES INVESTIGATION INTO MURDER OF JOURNALIST
- IVORY COAST EX-PRESIDENT LAURENT GBAGBO ACQUITTED AT ICC COURT AT THE HAGUE
- DOUBLE TRACK WON’T DESTROY GHANA EDUCATION SYSTEM-NANA ADDO