PRESIDENT AKUFFO ADDO NAMES 1ST 13 MINISTERS
President Nana Akufo-Addo on Tuesday revealed the first batch Ministers of State to run affairs since his inauguration and swearing-in as president; thus putting to bed all the social media rumours of the make-up of his administration.
At a press conference in the Flagstaff House, the President, said he will only put out only 13 names today. A second and third batch will be released on Thursday
Top on the list is Mr Yaw Osafo-Maafo as a Senior Minister.
Describing him as the most sucessful Finance minister in Ghana, the president recount Mr Osafo Maafo’s vast experience in the erstwhile Kufuor administration. He tasked the Senior Minister to help turn the economy around.
“He took us into HIPC and got us out of HIPC”, he lavished praise on Osafo Marfo.
Next on the list is Mr Albert Kan-Dapaah for National Security, Mr Alan Kyerematen for Trade and Industry and Mr Ken Ofori Atta for Finance for Parliament’s consideration.
Explaining his choice of the founder of Databank as Finance Minister, the president pointed out that “we need somebody of finance who has the range, who has the capacity and insight to move mortal economies”.
Others names in the ministerial list include Mr Boakye Kyeremateng Agyarko for Energy and Dr Owusu Afriyie Akoto for Agriculture.
- Previous FIFA TO EXPAND WORLD CUP COMPETITION TO 48 TEAMS AFTER VOTE
- Next WE WILL CHANGE FLAGSTAFF HOUSE TO JUBILEE HOUSE
You may also like...
- WE WILL RESIST ‘HOODLUM’ SECURITY IN FUTURE ELECTION-MAHAMA
- CANADA TO HIT WITH LIFE-THREATENING -70°C WIND CHILLS IN THIS FEBRUARY
- POLICE CID LAUNCHES INVESTIGATION INTO MURDER OF JOURNALIST
- IVORY COAST EX-PRESIDENT LAURENT GBAGBO ACQUITTED AT ICC COURT AT THE HAGUE
- DOUBLE TRACK WON’T DESTROY GHANA EDUCATION SYSTEM-NANA ADDO