SHIRLEY AYORKOR BOTCHWAY NAMED FOREIGN AFFAIRS MINISTER
President Akufo-Addo has named Member of Parliament for Anyaa-Sowutuom, Shirley Ayorkor Botchway, as his Foreign Affairs Minister, pending approval by Parliament.
If approved, she will become the 2nd woman to head that Ministry, after the previous NDC administration had Hanna Tetteh lead the Ministry.
The President made the revelation while interacting with a Chinese delegation who paid a courtesy call on him at the Flagstaff House today [Monday].
While introducing some of his personnel to the Chinese delegation, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo said Ayorkor Botchway is the one “…whom I’m going to nominate to Parliament for approval as our new Foreign Minister. She was my deputy when I was Foreign Minister. She is Shirley Ayorkor Botchway.”
The President took over the administration of Ghana last Saturday, January 7, 2017. Although he is yet to announce his full ministerial list, he has already named his administrative staff.
Last week, he named about 12 persons in all, with Akosua Frema Osei-Opare being his Chief of Staff, and Nana Bediatuo Asante as Akufo-Addo’s Secretary.
About Shirley Ayorkor Botchway:
Shirley was born in Accra on the 8th February 1963.
Shirley holds an MA (Public Communication) University of Westminster in 2002.
She also has an MA (Public Communication) University of Westminister, 2002; MBA (Project Management) University of Ghana which she received in 2004.
She has been in Parliament since 2005.
She has also served on some Parliamentary committees including, Gender and Children, Committee of Selection, Committee on Members Holding Offices of Profit Communications.
- Previous I´VE GIVEN MY ALL IN SERVICE OF GHANA-MAHAMA
- Next COTE d’IVOIRE PRIME MINISTER & HIS ENTIRE CABINET RESIGN
You may also like...
- WE WILL RESIST ‘HOODLUM’ SECURITY IN FUTURE ELECTION-MAHAMA
- CANADA TO HIT WITH LIFE-THREATENING -70°C WIND CHILLS IN THIS FEBRUARY
- POLICE CID LAUNCHES INVESTIGATION INTO MURDER OF JOURNALIST
- IVORY COAST EX-PRESIDENT LAURENT GBAGBO ACQUITTED AT ICC COURT AT THE HAGUE
- DOUBLE TRACK WON’T DESTROY GHANA EDUCATION SYSTEM-NANA ADDO